Saturday, August 14, 2010

Fitting the Pieces Together

Here is my retake of revisiting of my first approach at analyzing my own learning style/preferences

Now that you have a deeper understanding of the different learning theories and learning styles, how has your view on how you learn changed?


As I have studied the various learning theories in depth, I have discovered that my views on learning styles have broadened to the potential that each theory creates for “the” learner that is best suited to that particular learning perspective. I am now able to justify why one learning perspective should or should not be implemented in certain learning environments. In addition, my views on effective instructional design have broaden to the necessary incorporation of some form of technology to support the learner’s information processing.



What have you learned about the various learning theories and learning styles over the past weeks that can further explain your own personal learning preferences?

My preference of learning theory, at this point, may be personalized to how I learn. Piaget’s Cognitive Development theory sets a foundation for how I learn, especially with its focus on a learner’s repeated interaction and experimentation, to promote more logical ways of thinking (Ormrod class text). Now, as an adult learning, adjusting to the technology advancements of today’s society, the incorporation of technology to my new learning environments, Constructivism and Connectivism provide additional support and exploration of social connections and broadening of my personal learning environment by adding additional layers to how I am able to learn and master new information.



What role does technology play in your learning (i.e., as a way to search for information, to record information, to create, etc.)?

Today, technology plays an important role in my learning process. As an adult learner, my pursuit of a graduate degree through Walden University is encompassed by the use of technology to master the information presented. My personal learning environment, as mentioned and described in previous posts, includes multiple social networks, online learning and educational resources, and additional network connections that are available through technology. It is unimaginable, with today’s society, that technology would not be used or incorporated in my learning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment